Add 3 tabs to the interface to facilitate the management of search results
When I work on a translation and search Kudoz, I find myself generally searching for results with a few specific language combinations:
- My source language > My target language (e.g. English > Swedish)
- My source language > A few specific languages closely related to my target language) (e.g. English > Swedish, Danish, German, Norwegian, Dutch)
- My source language > All languages that I understand (e.g. English > Swedish, German, French, Spanish, etc.)
- My source language > All languages
When I switch between these different search modes, under the current design of the interface, I have to enter the new language combination in the list boxes each time, by selecting e.g. English > Swedish or English > All languages.
This is a somewhat cumbersome process, especially when I need to switch language combinations frequently. And sometimes I forget to switch the language combination and end up searching under the incorrect source language.
So, it struck me that the process could be facilitated if it were possible to add a few tabs (or buttons or other graphical elements) in the search interface to permit selecting quickly between the different language combinations.
The number of tabs available and the exact search parameters applying to each could be customized by each user.
For instance, in my case I might like to configure the following search tabs:
- English > Swedish
- English > Swedish, Danish, German, Norwegian, Dutch
- English > Swedish, Danish, German, Norwegian, Dutch, French, Spanish, Italian Portuguese
- English > All languages
As a further development of the idea, besides setting the language combination applying to each tab, the user should also be able to set other search parameters and aspects, for instance:
- The field or fields in which the search should be made (Medicin, Legal, etc.)
- Features that help the user differentiating the different tabs (e.g. background color, icons, tab names, etc.)