ProZ.com ideas

Welcome to the ProZ.com ideas section!

Here you can suggest ideas for the improvement of ProZ.com. Just make sure you check the ideas suggested by other site users before posting your own to make sure that your suggestion has not been made already:

Note: Please use this section to post ideas for the improvement of ProZ.com only. Posts that violate site rules or that are not limited to a suggestion or an idea will be removed by site staff. For detailed information about site features, please check the site FAQs. For assistance with the use of ProZ.com, submit a support request.

I suggest you...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Linkedin: Add the Proz.com attended training onto it

Some training interfaces like Coursera deliver a certificate which can then be added onto our Linkedin profiles.

I believe it could be beneficial for the Linkedin users to be able to add their attended training onto their Linkedin account in a professional way (ie with an official Proz logo) so that potential customers can see their certificates/training performed.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • SDL Trados Studio - Getting Started Courses Available on the Weekends, please?

I would like for SDL Trados Studio - Getting Started Part 1 & 2 to be available on the weekends or even in the evenings (US Time). Since these are not recorded for later purchase, it makes it very hard for those of us who work during the day to attend.

2 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Get rid of the limitation by Native Language. I can be as proficient in both languages.

It does not make sense to limit the native language to one language only. I can be as proficient in two languages. Mother tongue can belong to one country and having lived in a different country for over 20 years I can be as proficient in another language as well. I personally can switch from one to another on the fly without losing the train of thought. This is an impediment for your freelance members, which they cannot quote and the end customer will probably never understand the importance of "Native Language".

16 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Add an indicator for sent invoices or "Open - invoice sent" under Status

This would save time as we need to open each open invoice individually to see if we sent the invoice. This request was submitted in 2010 and declined because the status function was supposed to address that aspect but it does not. An indicator, next to the due date for example, or a filter "Open - invoice sent" under "Status" would be very helpful.

2 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Agency search: add option to search by city, not just country.

Agency search: add option to search by city, not just country.

7 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • delete Serbo-Croat as a language option since it does not exist !!!

This language was a political idea that does not exist anymore.

I don't see you have Czechoslovakian anymore, so why would this be any different? It has been over 25 years, it is about time to end it.

We have Croatian, and we have Serbian. End of story.

13 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Add 3 tabs to the interface to facilitate the management of search results

When I work on a translation and search Kudoz, I find myself generally searching for results with a few specific language combinations:

- My source language > My target language (e.g. English > Swedish)

- My source language > A few specific languages closely related to my target language) (e.g. English > Swedish, Danish, German, Norwegian, Dutch)

- My source language > All languages that I understand (e.g. English > Swedish, German, French, Spanish, etc.)

- My source language > All languages

When I switch between these different search modes, under the current design of the interface, I have to…

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Improve the location entry to allow for different bases, i.e France and UK

It is possible for Europeans to have homes in different countries within the EU. If you enter one address in one country, job notifications are restricted to that country meaning you miss opportunities. It should be possible to enter different addresses, limited to,let's say 3 although 2 would probably be sufficient, or none.

2 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Era Of Hindi Cinema

The period from 40s to 60s, when Bollywood was experiencing its golden era, Hindi cinema had one more admirer other than the Indians, the ones in the mighty Soviet Union. The biggest country of its time, one of the most powerful nations was culturally inclined towards India without much of the knowledge of common Indians. More than the politicians, it was Bollywood that made sweet and strategic relations between the two countries. (Read More: Role of Russia in 1971 Indo Pak War) It was a belief that two prominent figures from India would be known to everyone in USSR, first…

1 vote
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                    • Website Designing Company in Delhi, Web Design Companies in India

LCS® INFOTECH is web design, development company in Delhi India which provides webs design, web development and seo services.

The creative team at LCS has affinity to develop logo designs and graphic design for print and online media. Social sharing encompasses a new dimension to tell your brand story. LCS’s team will applies best methods for audience engagement at social media platforms.

PPC Management & SMO
                      Pay per click (PPC) is a means of making your website gets priority on search results by using keywords to publicize. Effectual Pay per click services is incredibly vital to attain visibility in all…

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Video Translation-Closed Captioning-Video Subtitling-Video Transcription

Language Consultancy Services™ Pvt. Ltd. (LCS®) is ISO 9001:2015 certified company for quality management systems. As a leading global language solutions provider, which was established in 2005 and incorporated as Private Limited Company in 2008, LCS® enables companies to enter global markets with supreme quality multilingual products. At LCS® we strive for perfection which ensures exceeding client’s expectations by delivering reliable and highest quality of translation services.

Services We Offer: We provide myriad language translation services like translation, localization (Web and software), transcription, voice over, interpretation, content writing (development, writing and proof reading), DTP (Desktop publishing), validation, and E-learning services…

1 vote
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Document Translation-Software Localization-Voice Over Services-Transcription Services

Language Consultancy Services™ Pvt. Ltd. (LCS®) is ISO 9001:2015 certified company for quality management systems. As a leading global language solutions provider, which was established in 2005 and incorporated as Private Limited Company in 2008, LCS® enables companies to enter global markets with supreme quality multilingual products. At LCS® we strive for perfection which ensures exceeding client’s expectations by delivering reliable and highest quality of translation services.

With the power to translate to and from any language, LCS is a full-service multilingual translation service supplier. LCS has expertise to handle translation of any volume and could be a one-stop answer…

1 vote
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Allow autodidacts to find their place in this community

There is a lot of competition on this website and this is a nightmare for self-taught translators because they don't happen to have a certificate proving their competences.

Some outsourcers require years of experience for the posted jobs. Well, they should be aware of the fact that those experimented translators weren't experienced at the beginning.

The bottom line is that autodidacts should be given a chance by, for instance, giving them a job for a lower standard rate in order for them to gain experience. That sounds fair.

Thanks for listening..

5 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • Website Design Company Delhi

LCS® INFOTECH is web design, development company in Delhi India which provides webs design, web development and seo services.

The creative team at LCS has affinity to develop logo designs and graphic design for print and online media. Social sharing encompasses a new dimension to tell your brand story. LCS’s team will applies best methods for audience engagement at social media platforms.

PPC Management & SMO

Pay per click (PPC) is a means of making your website gets priority on search results by using keywords to publicize. Effectual Pay per click services is incredibly vital to attain visibility in all…

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Oblige outsourcers to state a reason why (not) a bid was (not) accepted

I have been in proz for several years now but I actually don't get any projects. I think this would help people in my situation to know what to expect and how to improve our bids. I know some people who actually stopped using proz due to this reason.

6 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Video Subtitling

Services We Offer: We provide myriad language translation services like translation, localization (Web and software), transcription, voice over, interpretation, content writing (development, writing and proof reading), DTP (Desktop publishing), validation, and E-learning services…

1 vote
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Video Transcription-Subtitling Services-Voice Over Services

1 vote
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Promote ProZ to publishers

There is there currently no good platform which connects publishers with translators, and many literary translators would love to get book contracts via ProZ!

12 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • I' m Nastya and learning English for 4-5 yers, but I didn't noticed progress. Please, if you may help me, just write. It's really important!

I going to be a translator and I try to achive my goal.Write me, if you know good teachers.

2 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)